Responsible for the development and performance of all residential home remodeling sales activities in assigned market. Staffs and directs a sales team and provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and values. Establishes plans and strategies to expand the customer base in the marketing area and contributes to the development of training and educational programs for customers and Sales & Design Consultants.
- Develops a business plan and sales strategy for the market that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability.
- Responsible for the performance and development of the Sales & Design Consultants.
- Prepares action plans by individuals as well as by team for effective search of sales leads and prospects.
- Initiates and coordinates development of action plans to penetrate new markets.
- Assists in the development and implementation of marketing plans as needed.
- Conducts one-on-one review with all Sales & Design Consultants to build more effective communications, to understand training and development needs, and to provide insight for the improvement of Sales & Design Consultant’s sales and activity performance.
- Provides timely feedback to senior management regarding performance.
- Provides timely, accurate, competitive pricing on all completed prospect applications submitted for pricing and approval, while striving to maintain maximum profit margin.
- Maintains accurate records of all pricing, sales, and activity reports submitted by Sales & Design Consultants.
- Creates and conducts proposal presentations and RFP responses.
- Assists Sales & Design Consultants in preparation of proposals and presentations.
- Controls expenses to meet budget guidelines.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Recruits, tests and hires Sales & Design Consultants based on criteria agreed upon by senior management.
Relationships and Roles
- Insures that all Sales & Design Consultants meet or exceed all activity standards for prospecting calls, appointments, presentations, proposals and closes.
- Delegates authority and responsibility with accountability and follow-up.
- Sets examples for Sales & Design Consultants in areas of personal character, commitment, organizational and selling skills, and work habits.
- Conducts regular coaching and counseling with Sales & Design Consultants to build motivation and selling skills.
- Maintains contact with all customers in the market area to ensure high levels of Customer Satisfaction.
- Demonstrates ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
- 5-7 years of experience in sales management.
- Experience with Microsoft and CRM software.
- Use of sales laptop computers for all estimating, proposals and demos.
- Extensive experience in all aspects of the residential home remodeling market.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics.
- Willingness to travel locally and work in a team of professionals.
- Proven leadership and ability to drive sales teams.
- Schedule and conduct weekly sales meetings and timely completion of all sales reports.
- Required evening and weekend appointments to accommodate our customers scheduling needs.
Sales Managers are usually in line for the Vice President of Sales and Marketing position.
- Commission pay range is 8-16% of gross sale totaling up to $200k/year
- Sales Team commission pay range of 1-3% of gross sales totaling up to $75k/year
- Performance bonus’
- Performance incentives
Health Care reimbursement program