Sales and Design Consultant
Responsible for all residential home remodeling sales activities, from lead generation through close in an assigned territory. Develops and implements agreed upon Marketing Plan which will meet both personal and business goals of expanding customer base in the marketing area. Works within the sales and support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term account goals in line with company vision and values.
- Responsible for the sales of professional remodeling services tailored exclusively to the residential market.
- Demonstrates technical selling skills, design and product knowledge in all areas of roofing, siding, windows, doors, decks, kitchen, bathroom, additions and give effective presentation of products and services offered.
- Develops annual business plan in conjunction with Sales Manager, which details activities to follow during the fiscal year, which will focus the Sales & Design Consultant on meeting or exceeding sales quota.
- Complete understanding of the design, pricing and proposal models.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively with courtesy and professionalism with home owners and decision makers.
- Maximizes all opportunities in the process of closing a sale resulting in the taking of market share from larger competitors.
- Sells consultatively and makes recommendations to prospects and clients of the various solutions the company offers.
- Develops and maintains a database of qualified leads through referrals, telephone canvassing, face to face and telephone cold calling, direct mail, email, and networking.
- Posses’ great verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, with an enthusiastic and professional telephone manner.
- Assists in the implementation of company marketing plans as needed.
- Creates and conducts effective proposal presentations and RFP responses that identify prospects potential problems, and the effects of the problems.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining client relationships and referrals, while continually building customer base.
- Responsible for identifying and building effective and long term customer relationships to maximize revenue.
- Demonstrates the ability to gather customer information, make initial timely contact, pre-qualify and submit detailed personal information for pricing, and presentation of products and services to identified prospects.
- Maintains accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities within their assigned territory, including the use of Microsoft Outlook to maintain accurate records to maximize territory potential.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Participates and demonstrates knowledge in new building codes, practices and materials offered to new and existing customers as an industry expert.
- Ability to work independently, responsibly, honestly and effectively within a mobile office environment.
Relationships and Roles
- Maintain contact with all clients in the market area to ensure high levels of Customer Satisfaction.
- Demonstrate ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees and management.
- Build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on the customer, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all support departments.
- Minimum 4-6 years of experience in direct sales in the remodeling industry.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and CRM software.
- Use of sales laptop computers for all estimating, proposals and demos.
- Extensive experience in all aspects of the residential home remodeling market.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics.
- Willingness to travel locally and work in a team of professionals.
- Proven ability to achieve sales quotas.
- Attendance at weekly sales meetings and timely completion of all sales reports.
- Required evening and weekend appointments to accommodate our customers scheduling needs.
- Commission pay range is 6-14% of gross sale totaling up to $160k/year
- Performance bonus
- Performance incentives
Health Care reimbursement program